Although the physicality of a sustainable packaging design is important but before that, there is something that should be first thought through and considered. Consultant Kevin Howard of Packnomics, LLC, once emphasized in a presentation the importance of packaging design “from the outside in, rather than from the inside out”. This is a concept that all designers should consider first before the hands-on designing process especially when it comes to sustainable packaging design.
- focuses and walks through the public needs from the eyes of a customer
- aim to really think through about redesigning something to meet the purpose better from clients’ perspective and see the actual needs of the public
- places the interest of the customer ahead of the organization’s ability
- constantly and efficiently ensure great service experience to satisfy their customer
- requires the willingness of a designer to continuously invest time in learning more about their customers
- an internal orientation that is reviewed through the eyes of the company
- a process that is oriented on the needs of the organization
- decisions are made based solely on only what they already know and feel which indirectly loses touch with the customers
- decisions are also made based on the capabilities of the company with its existing resources
- drives short term profits
Through a customer’s eyes only will the designers be able to see what customers expect from a sustainable design and what sustainable values they actually look or wish for. This concept has yet to be applied by many designing companies although the idea has been circulating for a while among other IT and services companies.
Patterson, L. (2011) ‘Improve Marketing Strategy By Thinking Outside-In.’ Hoteliers, 25 July. Available at: http://www.4hoteliers.com/features/article/6201 (Accessed: 27 July 2015).
Pietersen, W. (2015) ‘Outside-In Thinking: Crucial but Unnatural’, 13 August. Available at: http://williepietersen.com/outside-in-thinking-crucial-but-unnatural/ (Accessed: 28 July 2015).
Shaw, C. (2014) ‘Are you Inside-Out or Outside-In? Designing a Customer-Focused Process’, Linked In. Available at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141202141140-284615-are-you-inside-out-or-outside-in-designing-a-customer-focused-process (Accessed: 27 July 2015).